Sunday 3 July 2005

Working My Way Through



Quickley. Come hither. I'm sifting through the recent Drowned in SOund album reviews. Its good. A recap on what has appeared over the last couple of months that they saw as deserving review space. I found a review of an album I have ordered from Amazon which got recommended to me. The Unicorns. They're canadian, which seems to be a recipe for genius, but I skipped the review. I shall try and, for once, make my own mind up. Anyway, the main reason for my wibble is the Kaiser Chiefs. I realised yesterday that however much they have played the radio, and however often Sarah played the record, I only ever seemed to hear the damn singles. Which has soured me slightly, so I decided to listen to the whole thing, give it a whirl. It sounds like someone I know. Already. Damn! Some band from the nineties.Holy crap got it!!!!There is a single refrain in Na Na Na NA Naa in which the singer sounds exactly like a three second segment from turning blue by ocean colour scene on their debut album. So in fact they sound nothing like. Its just that bit. But anyway.
I'm up to track five now. I'm still not blown away.

1 comment:

Marco said...

The Unicorns are sound, as well as making it.

I've been in the same issue about the Chiefs for a while now. Although I Predict A Riot, I've avoided them like the plague. Which means, four hundred from now, I'll find them vaguely amusing.